Welcome to Sick Stomach Cinema!
Here is where you’ll find reviews of random movies I have watched when feeling under the weather. Selections will be at my discretion though I welcome any and all recommendations!
When the movie’s over, I will determine whether or not the movie is helpful for a person who is feeling sick based on the following criteria:
- Stomach Survival – Can this movie be watched with a sour stomach?
- Bathroom Accessibility – Can this movie be enjoyed even if the viewer runs to the bathroom?
- Sleeping Aid – Can this movie help the viewer relax enough where they could fall asleep? (don’t confuse this with boring – it’s good to have a movie that distracts a viewer from pain long enough to where they can finally get some rest)
- Overall Score & Notes
I will be placing a “good” Pesky or a “bad” Pesky next to each criteria at the end of the movie watching session. Sometimes I’ll even live-tweet the experience as I go (@tmidigestion).
Remember, the point of these experiences is to see which movies work for a sick person – this isn’t a film studies course. I won’t be waxing on about the chosen film’s impact on life or its technical achievements.
Of course, there will be a few ground rules:
- The movie will be judged only on how well if works for a sick person. Loving or hating the movie itself is irrelevant. I feel that this is important because so many people love so many different types of movies and it would be unfair to discount it because it’s not my favorite genre.
- The movie cannot be paused or stopped barring an actual emergency.
- I reserve the right to reject a movie if, upon watching it, it makes me physically ill more than two times.
- No 3D anything. It always leaves me with a massive headache. I will, however, watch the non-3D version.
- The movie must be out on Netflix and/or DVD.
I reserve the right to change the rules as we go along, but it should be fun! 🙂
Questions? Comments? Movie recommendations? Leave a comment below!